We’re committed to keeping your information safe and sound with guidelines that let you know exactly what we do (and don’t do!) with the emails, names, and data we collect.
Oyster Management Ltd and Dress Smart strive for best practice privacy standards. We collect your details to keep you informed about marketing issues including news about centre and store promotions and current deals.
Your details are securely stored by our database service provider and are only made available to Oyster and Dress Smart.
You are welcome to contact us at any time to access and update your personal information or to ‘opt-out’ of receiving further communications from us. Write to us at PO Box 13594, Onehunga 1061, Auckland, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 09 622 2400.
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner (http://www.privacy.org.nz) provides further details of the New Zealand Privacy Act and how it protects personal information in New Zealand.
The personal information we collect
Oyster Management Ltd operates the website www.dress-smart.co.nz and auckland.dress-smart.co.nz. As part of our operations, we may gather certain types of personal information from the users of our sites and those submitting competition or promotion entry forms including:
- Name and contact details including address, phone and email address.
- Your IP address and browser details
- Purchase records if required for a specific promotion.
- Your use of our website and social media platforms, being information collected through cookies and other tracking technology, including information that you look at.
Some of the personal information is provided by you when you register for services that we may offer. Examples of these services could include email newsletters or events at our outlet centres. Providing this information will always be optional for you. However, some services may not be available to you if you choose not to provide it.
Who we share the information with
We will not disclose your personal information to other people or agencies except where:
- The information is hosted with a service provider. Our agreements with them protect the information that we collect from any unauthorised use.
- We are required to provide the information by law.
- We need to share your information with a third party in order to fulfil a prize or gift.
- You have authorised disclosure.
What else we do with personally identifiable information
We have collected this information in order to provide the best possible service to you while you are visiting our sites. To this end we may use the information that you provide for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity if you need help with a forgotten password or you are having login problems with one of our site services.
- To help provide any other services that you have requested.
- To offer the most relevant information suitable to you and your interests.
- For any marketing, promotional, publicity, marketing or market research that we might undertake.
- For any other purposes for which you have given permission.
What about cookies?
A cookie is a small file that resides on your computer and is recognised by our server when you visit our sites. A cookie does not provide us with any personally identifiable information. It does provide details of your IP address, the computer platform that you use (eg. Mac or Windows), the browser that you use (eg. Chrome or Safari) and what domain you are accessing our sites from. With this information we can do the following:
- Track traffic patterns to our site.
- Ensure that the most relevant content is being shown.
- Allow you to enter certain site member services without having to log in each time you visit.
What about our advertisers and business partners?
Opting in and opting out
You will always have the option to opt in to certain services and to opt out of those services at any stage. This means you may change your mind at any stage about participating in any of our member services. If you sign up to our mailing list via our website, you consent to us sending you informational, promotional and marketing materials in relation to Dress Smart Auckland and the retailers and activities at the centre. You may unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time by following the instructions in every email.
Can we change this policy?
Your right to access our information
The Privacy Act 2020 gives you the right to access and correct your personal information. To find out more about how to do this, please contact us by phone on 09 622 2400 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Alternatively, post your corrections to the attention of the Database Manager at Oyster Management Ltd, PO Box 13594, Onehunga, Auckland 1061, New Zealand.
New Zealand Law
These terms and your use of our website are governed by New Zealand law.
This page was last updated on August 28 2023.